iPhone SSL Errors and FreeBSD IPv6 Filtering

Word Count: 511 · Reading Time: 3 minutes

2021-03-09

Two tech issues today, which caused a bit of debugging fun: Firstly, I powered up an old iPhone SE to see if I could replicate a problem that a friend had been seeing. It was having some TLS issues and, as I dug further, it turned out to be all TLS issues rather than some. All connections to Apple services failed (so no updates, no synching, etc) and I couldn’t even unsubscribe it from iCloud in order to do a factory reset.

An Introduction to Storm Crawler

Word Count: 2164 · Reading Time: 11 minutes

2021-02-22

Introduction I started trying to work with Storm Crawler for a project and found the documentation to be a little spartan. I had figured that I was working with a general purpose crawler, but that’s not the case. Turns out, things were not quite so simple and, while Storm Crawler does work out of the box, it’s really an SDK for developing your own crawling system. The documentation is minimal, with most information being a series of blog posts on the Digital Pebble website labelled tutorial or storm-crawler.

Integrating Mermaid JS Into Hugo

Word Count: 402 · Reading Time: 2 minutes

2021-02-20

I had originally planned to write up an introduction to StormCrawler, but found myself wanting to draw state diagrams. Hugo doesn’t seem to have Graphviz support builtin, so I started to poke around and see what else was out there. For those who want pure Graphviz, there’s viz-js. It’s a pretty straight forward implementation, although it hasn’t been updated in a while and the documentation suggests that people should take a look at DagreJS.