An Introduction to Storm Crawler

Word Count: 2164 · Reading Time: 11 minutes


Introduction I started trying to work with Storm Crawler for a project and found the documentation to be a little spartan. I had figured that I was working with a general purpose crawler, but that’s not the case. Turns out, things were not quite so simple and, while Storm Crawler does work out of the box, it’s really an SDK for developing your own crawling system. The documentation is minimal, with most information being a series of blog posts on the Digital Pebble website labelled tutorial or storm-crawler.

Integrating Mermaid JS Into Hugo

Word Count: 402 · Reading Time: 2 minutes


I had originally planned to write up an introduction to StormCrawler, but found myself wanting to draw state diagrams. Hugo doesn’t seem to have Graphviz support builtin, so I started to poke around and see what else was out there. For those who want pure Graphviz, there’s viz-js. It’s a pretty straight forward implementation, although it hasn’t been updated in a while and the documentation suggests that people should take a look at DagreJS.

What to do about the Coup?

Word Count: 1338 · Reading Time: 7 minutes


There have been continuous attempts at a soft coup in the USA since the 2020 November election. On 2021-01-06, this turned into an attempt at a hard coup. Insurrectionists stormed the capitol, waiving flags of failed regimes from days gone by including both Confederate battle flag (which they flew in place of the US flag) and US flags with white nationalist slogans written on them. A gallows was also erected while armed men wandered the halls of congress carrying ziptie handcuffs.

2020 November Election Guide

Word Count: 5161 · Reading Time: 25 minutes


Overview and Research This guide is ordered from most general to most specific. I’ll start with Federal and work my way down to County so you can stop reading once it’s no longer relevant to you. For those who have read my summaries before and were expecting California, I’m now living in Washington State. Yes, I’ve read most of the details of the propositions and would recommend that you do too as the summaries often hide the important aspects of any given proposition.