Char Siu Pork Belly
- Prep Time: 30 minutes (day before)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes + 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 kg Pork Belly Rashers cut into bite size pieces
- 125 ml Hoisin Sauce
- 50 ml Soy Sauce
- 80 ml Chinese Cooking Wine
- 20 ml Ground Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2.5 ml Sesame Oil
- 100 ml Honey
- Thoroughly mix hoisin sauce, soy sauce, cooking wine, ginger and garlic in a bowl.
- Add the pork to the bowl and mix with the marinade to cover. Use your hands to mix (it’s messy but the best way to do it).
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Marinate the pork in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Place the pork and the marinade into a pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes or in the oven .
- Preheat grill on high.
- Remove pork from pressure cooker and using a slotted spoon, place pork onto a roasting pan lined with foil. Spread pork in a single layer. Leave the marinade in the pressure cooker for the moment.
- Stir 80 ml of the marinade from the pressure cooker with the sesame oil and honey and brush over the pork. Save some for basting while the pork is grilling.
- Grill pork for 2 minutes, remove from grill, rotate the pork pieces, then baste with honey sauce and return to grill. Repeat process 4-5 times until golden and crisp.
- While the grilling in underway, in a saucepan, add the remaining marinade from the pressure cooker and stir regularly. Note: if your pressure cooker has a saute function, then use this in place of a saucepan.
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve pork with extra sauce, your favourite vegetables and rice
Best served: Hot
- Storage: Refrigerator for up to 5 days
- Freezer: Yes
- Reheat: Microwave or oven