- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: About 24, depending on size
- 100 g butter, chopped
- 40 ml glucose syrup
- 400 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 300 g brown sugar
- 180 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 5 ml peppermint essence
- Grease a dish (or use a baking sheet)
- Place butter, glucose syrup, condensed milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is thick and becomes caramel in colour.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in dark chocolate and peppermint essence until melted and combined.
- Spread into dish and refridgerate until set.
Best served: Room temperature
All sorts of essence work well (including combinations such as vanilla and orange).
Crystalized ginger and dried fruit are excellent additions.
- Storage: Air tight container at room temperature
- Freezer: Unknown
- Reheat: No