- 4 egg whites
- 150 g sugar
- 150 g castor sugar
- Flavouring - a few drops of vanilla or almond essence.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add sugar; beat until dissolved and the mixture is stiff.
- Slowly fold in castor sugar.
- Add flavouring.
- Place in spoonfuls on a tray lined with grease proof (brown) paper and bake in a slow oven (120ºC) for about 1 hour, depending on size.
Best served: Warm (straight from baking) or room temperature
Duck egg whites take much longer to stiffen, but taste excellent.
- Storage: Air tight container at room temperature
- Freezer: No
- Reheat: No