- 150 g Egg Whites
- 600 g Caster Sugar
- 5 ml White Vinegar
- 5 ml Cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 150 ºC.
- Whip the egg whites to firm peaks in a mixer
- Whip in the caster sugar a spoonful at a time, making sure that it is well dissolved before adding the next.
- Whip for a further two minutes
- Remove from the machine and stir in the vinegar and sifted cornflour.
- Pipe or spread onto non-stick baking paper on a baking sheet, forming a circle about 8 cm high.
- Put into the oven and cook for about 1 hour, or until the crust is set and it sounds hollowish when lightly tapped.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Top with whipped sweetened cream and your choice of fruits.
Best served: Room temp
Whatever fruits you choose, strawberries, fresh peach slices, mango and passionfruit pulp are a must!
- Storage: Airtight container until cream and fruit, then refrigerator for 2-3 days
- Freezer: No
- Reheat: No