- 60 g rice
- 25 g butter
- small pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 1,200 ml milk
- 50 g sugar
- Put rice, 10 g of butter and salt into dish and cook.
- Mix the milk, eggs and sugar well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Smooth the cooked rice over the bottom of a pudding dish.
- Gently pour custard mixture over rice.
- Cut remaining butter into pieces and float on mixture.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over mixture.
- Bake gently standing in a dish of water, until custard is set and the top slightly browned.
Best served: hot, with cream
- Storage: Refrigerator for 3 - 4 days
- Freezer: No
- Reheat: Microwave