- 375 g zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 3 rashers bacon (best to use thinly sliced ham in the USA as the bacon is too fatty)
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese
- 150 g Self-raising flour
- 125 ml oil
- 5 eggs
- salt, pepper
- Grate unpeeled zucchini coarsely.
- Finely chop onion and bacon.
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Combine everything in a bowl.
- Pour into well greased baking dish.
- Bake in 180 ºC oven 30 to 40 minutes or until browned.
Best served: Hot or cold
I usually double this recipe as it fits into a baking dish nicely.
Bacon/ham is adjustable, depending on taste. I’ve also had good success with pancetta, guanciale and smoked salmon.
Caramalized onions/shallots work very well too.
- Storage: Refrigerator for 3-4 days
- Freezer: Unknown (unlikely)
- Reheat: Microwave or Oven